January 2

If you miss Auggie… then you should read Auggie & Me

This is a great read.  It is not a sequel, but a window in the point of view of Julian (the bully), Chris (Auggie’s best friend) and Charolotte (the young actress).

Julian is the leading bully in the first book Auggie.  In the Julian point of view the reader learns more about Julian and Julian’s Grandmere.  My favorite line from the Julian section is from page 84, where Julian’s Grandmere said “One mistake does not define you, Julian.  You must simply act better next time.”

Chris’s point of view sends a powerful message about friendship.  My favorite line from this section is on page 175- “Sometimes friendships are hard.”  Chris has some tough decisions to make with his friends and his parents.   Another powerful line is this section is, “Good friendships are worth a little extra effort”

Charolotte’s point of view is so much fun to read.  She connects with Xiemena and Summer, so readers get to learn more about their lives as well.  In this story we learn that everyone has a story to tell.  I really like how Charolotte uses a venn diagram to analyze her friendships- super cool.

Who is your favorite character in Auggie or Auggie & Me?  Why?

Posted January 2, 2018 by jnovy22 in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “If you miss Auggie… then you should read Auggie & Me

1. deakin58

Personally I like Jack Will the most because Jack and Auggie have a complicated friendship. I think that because the incident in wonder on Halloween when Jack was talking to Julian and was… kinda a jerk to Auggie but they made up and now they’re friends again.

Reply