September 29

About the teacher

I LOVE teaching!  This is the year 32 for me and I am still having a blast.  I have been teaching 4th and 5th graders for most of my years.  I teach in an amazing program where parents work in the classroom every week.  We are a public school with super awesome involved parents.  I am super lucky to work with another teacher and we team teach STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) every day to both of our classes.

2017-18 is the first year that I have tried blogging with my students.  In my district, we have recently incorporated 1 to 1 devices for 3rd-12th graders.  It is awesome and I would never be able to switch back.  We have been getting great training with Eduro training and I am learning as we give it a go. My students love using and creating with chrome books.

For fun, I love to go boating, camping and traveling with my family.  My favorite island in the San Juan Islands is Sucia.  The summers here in the Pacific Northwest are absolutely gorgeous.  I have 3 amazing children.  My oldest son Nick is a music teacher for the Shoreline district.  My middle daughter, Maggie is a high school math teacher in the Arlington school district.  My youngest, Nate, is earning a biochemistry doctorate degree at the University of Wisconsin.